About Me

My photo
Well, here goes.....I am somewhat new to this, so I will attempt to make it worth your time to read and enjoy some of the recipes that I love to share. I created this blog as a result of me following a cooking blog and enjoying it so much that I thought I would give it a try on my own. (Yes, I still follow the other blog and will be sharing that one with your as soon as I figure out how). I love to cook and try new recipes. I am certainly not the best cook, and still have a lot to learn, but I love to try new dishes and have my family try them out. I can usually tell by how much is left in the pan as to how they liked it! Pan clean...it's a keeper!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie



  • 1 whole chicken, cooked ahead and de-boned (you can substitute with 2 large cans of white meat chicken if you are in a hurry)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup of fresh carrots or 1 can of sliced carrots (drain the liquid off)
  • 1 stick of butter or 1/2 cup of margarine
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup half & half
  • 2-3 chicken boulion cubes
  • 1 can green peas or 1 can Veg-all (drained)
  • 1 tube of refrigerator bisquits (I use Grands Butter-Tastin) if you have a large crowd, use 1 tube of 8 and a small one of 5.
In large oven safe skillet, add butter, onions & carrots; saute for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Add flour, continue to stir until flour coats carrots & onions (it will look very gummy...that is normal). Add chicken broth and boulion cubes, stirring to dissolve flour, then add half & half. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring often until mixture bubbles slightly. Reduce heat to low, add cooked chicken and vegetables. Simmer for about 10 minutes or so.
While mixture is simmering, preheat oven to temperature according to package directions on bisquits. When oven is ready, place uncooked bisquits on top of mixture and cook according to directions (usually 375 degrees for about 15 minutes)






4 comments:

  1. Yummy! That looks great. I'll have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks so good! I tried to make a chicken pot pie one time about 20 years ago and it was all soupy, so I never tried again. I'm going to give this one a try!! Your photos are great and I really like your flowers on your header!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!! I cant beleive I had someone look at my blog! Cool!! I will post some more stuff...i have been tied up with other things and not able to keep up too good in the past 2 weeks...thank y'all so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say, that food really looks good and delectable! I'll try this one as soon as I get home or even serve it for dinner later. And just like what you stated above, this looks very easy to do. Now i'll share a website which contains great tasting chicken recipes which can be found at Gourmandia. Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete